Friday, February 15, 2008

Friends, weddings and Diego the seagul



Brett is visiting this week, so Dave and I took him around the city yesterday photographing like tourists, eating French food and drinking cosmos in dive bars. I haven't been blogging too much lately, but that will change starting next week when the shooting kicks into high gear for me. I fly to Dallas for Tamra's bridal session next Thursday and after that will be working at Huy's Foundation Workshop for a few days. From there I'll be heading to Puerto Rico for Sarah and Dan's wedding and then it will be a pretty wild ride until the end of the year with weddings all over the country and beyond.

But before the weddings begin this year, below is a series of collages from every couple I photographed last year. We designed it to be a calendar, but I never convinced myself people actually use paper calendars anymore, so the design will go into an album instead. But if you would still like a calendar, send me an email and I'll make one for you.


Dave in the Mission


Brett in the Haight


Dave at the GG


A runner


Brett


Dave




January


February


March


April


May


June


July


August


September


October


November


December

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude,

Your vision is unparalleled. That runner shot is pure photographic genius. See you in Dallas!

Ray

STEVE DePINO said...

Rock on my man these are great!

Vladimir Chaloupka said...

Dude, nice calendar--I'll take three!!!

Bruce L. Snell said...

Whew! I was going through "Ben withdrawal". Glad you're back to posting.

-Bruce

Matt Adcock said...

yo tight calendar amigo..

i want one!

Anonymous said...

Me gusta!!!! I'm in december!!! nice!!!!!!

Lucas Mobley Photography said...

Great stuff Ben, your images are very inspiring!

Ryan Brenizer said...

That first shot is ludicrous. Juxtaposed with the banner, I think you might secretly be able to command birds at will.

Anonymous said...

Your photographs are gorgeous. Are you really sending out calendars? I'd take one!

LaCour said...

Hey Ben, love the runner shot. The others are OK too I guess.

(wink),
Erin

Steve said...

WOW amazing image overload! Runner, May lower left corner and June Dance shot...just killer. I just finished a Beckstead workshop maybe I will start to see like soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The runner shot and the seagull shot are my faves from the SF pictures.

The collage of couples are fantastic. Too many great ones to choose from :)

Anonymous said...

As always outstanding work! Out here in rural Montana we still use paper calenders, so if the offer is still on the table i'll take one too.

See ya in May!

charlie eubank

Ruby Rideout said...

hi ben, i came across your blog one day and i check back now and then.

i have to say you have an interesting way of looking at people, definetly a different view! love it.

the collages are way cool too~