Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Millie + Mike | Isla Mujeres, Mexico wedding


Millie and Mike are two of the sweetest people I know. I first met them last year when Mike proposed to Millie on The Today Show (Millie is a graphic designer for NBC). And over the last few months I have been working for Millie's sister Maria photographing Multiple Sclerosis events for her company. So immediately I felt very at home with everyone at the wedding.

Millie and Maria's dad passed away five years ago, so the rehearsal dinner slide show featuring him was really emotional for everyone. But Millie said she could feel him there, and I definitely believe her. I am really glad I got to be there too.

And there is a photo below of Millie playing guitar. Since Mike surprised her by proposing on television, she decided to surprise him by singing a song to him at the reception. But up until a month ago, she had never sang or played the guitar. So she secretly took guitar and singing lessons before the wedding. She would even take her guitar on the train to work each day practicing each way for one hour. She played beautifully.

































The slide show is below with the play button in the middle of the photo.

20 comments:

Cathy and David Photography said...

My wife (the Cathy, in Cathy and David Photography) has always been an avid fan of yours. I've always loved your photographs but after these ones though, I'm totally hooked. :) The one of the woman crying while being held that's tac sharp... wow..

Amazing shots. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your photos this year.

thenigannswebe said...

Hi Ben,

What a beautiful story you captured once again...I am balling my eyes over here in the Tundra.....Def a fly in my next life.......I totally heart your work!!! new screen savers.....

Bruce L. Snell said...

Man oh man... I can just taste the margaritas...

-Bruce

Sol Tamargo said...

Ben,

I'm just one more of the many many fans you have, It was awesome to have you in casa del sol. I hope I learned a little bit of your magic..
I had so much fun with you and looking forward to Much more soon!

Famille Libine said...

Hi Ben!

I just love it when my RSS feed shows that little 1 next to your blog because I know I'm going to spend the next 10 minutes filled with emotion and beauty and spend the rest of the day with a smile on my face...

This is one of my favorite... beautiful wedding, beautiful people, beautiful emotion and as usual you captured them perfectly!

Thanks for sharing and Greetings from Poland!

Danielle

Vladimir Chaloupka said...

Wow, I'm totally blown away, I literally got goose bumps looking at these photos!! Incredibly beautiful work, Ben!

DP Photography said...

wow

Anonymous said...

Ben,
These are so beautiful...
you really have a gift

Tunji Sarumi said...

Ben'ster. This is y'amazin', y'ou y'capture beautiful y'images. And all I can say is y'Yes.

Thank you Ben you are the best
:D

Michael Clark said...

Hey man,

Your images are so alive. I can always feel the moments from your images. Most of all I can feel your heart in every shot.

BTW I'm in DR again this year on the same date as last year.

Mike C

Bassem Wahba said...

Hey Bro,

Amazing job once again! What is truly mind blowing is your precise timing of capturing the decisive moment. My hat is off to you and as many have said I look forward to seeing more of your inspiring work. Bassem

ckp said...

because i'm a man, i won't tell you that the slideshow brought tears to my eyes.....ben, you are a very good person with a very good talent. just an amazing job. wow. wow.

Anonymous said...

stunning ben.

Enoch Photography said...

ben! wow is all i can say. Gorgeous work brother. The silhouette shots are outstanding!

Sergio said...

Ben,
really cool images all! My top, top favorites, from the ss, are 39, 48, 76, 88 and 91

Unknown said...

Bravo, dude. Bravo.

Anonymous said...

Great Stuff Ben! You already know i dig your vibes. Keep em' coming! Cheers to beautiful brides, glowing sunlight and silhouettes

Peace,
Parris Whittingham
New York City Wedding Photographer

Unknown said...

Absolutely breath taking!! Wow Ben!! You are amazing. Love the beautiful saturated colors. Lovely.

You completely captured just how much fun we had that weekend! Now you're part of the family too!

Awesome meeting you. Take care.

Carter Rose said...

absolutely sick, sick stuff.


Carter

Paul said...

Love the location and images!