Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sarah + Dan | San Juan, Puerto Rico wedding


Living out West, you see a lot of pretty sunsets. But I've never actually felt like I was standing in a pink cloud, which is what it looked like right after Sarah and Dan's ceremony at the fort overlooking the ocean. I got to spend three days with everyone, and I also got to see my old friends Ya and Kevin, whose wedding I photographed last year in Lake Las Vegas. I also learned a card game (a first for me) and watched Sarah and Dan's friend Mike eat a pig's brain. If you're vegetarian, steer clear from the last couple of photos. I'll work on the slide show over the next few days, but here are some shots to start out with. Mike is itching to see the pig photos.














































The day after the wedding:





Mike's conquest at the rehearsal dinner:








Ya, Kevin and I

17 comments:

Bobbi said...

On a scale from one to ten.... I give these photos a twelve! WOW! They're all so refreshing. Oh, and what a GORGEOUS couple :)

Work it out...

~Bobbi

JenDavis said...

Such wonderful real moments.. I love it!

Craig Wolfrom said...

13, 24., & 27...but, especially #13 & 27! Bravo.

Unknown said...

Dude! Sweet stuff man. Nice and clean just like I like em'.

Love the cherry, and the bus reflection is wicked!

Great hanging with you last week.

Tyler

makeupgal said...

wow these are awesome as always!
I love the ocean shot where it looks like your camera is at the level of the waves. crazy! and really love the ceremony shot of everyone silouhette with a touch of the sunset gracing them. Stunning stuff!

Anonymous said...

Love them all! I also have eaten the brains of a mammal, only wished someone had taken photos like that of it. Partial to the bus photos just because it is my mode of transport here in Mexico.

LaCour said...

mmmm... yummy lipstick shot. love that one. and the one of her checking out his ring. that's one of those quiet, quick moments a lot of people wouldn't catch. beautiful work, b.

~ erin

Anonymous said...

The ocean shots were awesome Ben. It looked like you got wet again so I hope you brought along your own pair of jeans to wear afterwards. ;)

M+M

Bruce L. Snell said...

Looks like a great wedding. I totally need to go to PR one of these days.

Did you try the brains?

-Bruce

Goodmansphoto said...

You are a photo genius. These pictures are incredible. The mixture of candids and photo artistry is great.

Tunji Sarumi said...

Hi Ben,

Congratulations on your WPJA winning and men!!! your pictures are "butteryly" great.

TJ

megan said...

i wish you had a wedding everyday... i get so impatient for your next post :)

i honestly think you are one of the most amazing photographers i've ever come across. i simply adore your style.

Ruby Rideout said...

the hankerchief undies is classic, loved it.
the lipstick one is gorgeous.
the pig one is gross..sorry!

Love all your images as always.

Eric Cousineau said...

Man those sunsets just blow Santa Fe sunsets out of the water. awesome work as always!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, Ben. And congrats on the WPJA win, it's well-deserved.

thenigannswebe said...

These pics are to die for...My goodness and the views awesome awesome job in capturing the day and the emotions....men if I could get married every year!!!! A girl can dream!

JAGstudios said...

beautiful. love the shot of him holding her in the water. all so breathtaking. as always. great to see you at the end!