Sunday, January 21, 2007

The holidays are finally over for me and I'm back on the road. I got to the Albuquerque airport this morning at 4am with my friend Priscilla, who is heading to Miami. I'm going to New York for a meeting tomorrow, and then I fly to Denver for a shoot that will last the rest of the week. This girl is sleeping in the next table over right now while waiting for our connecting flight to Denver. She said she hasn't slept for days.

Despite that I travel a lot, I really love to be home. I can go days without ever leaving the house as long as I have some coffee, breakfast burritos and the Internet. So the last three weeks have been great, because I've just puttered around the house getting a new logo completed (thanks John), updating my Web site with bigger photos, working on my taxes and just hanging out with friends. This past week Michael made Laura and I three incredible dinners. No one has cooked that much for me since my mom did years ago. Thanks Mike!
Brett has been coming into town a lot lately, and brought us an amazing bottle of wine for Christmas. I guess that makes up for him using Laura's brand new toothbrush before going out to the bar.
And of course, the most important person in our lives, Mary Jo, who has been biting us a lot lately if we don't pet her enough. She's been cranky because all the snow has kept her from going outside.
My buddy Vlad also had a birthday last week, but I don't have any photos to show for that. It's probably better that way, because I haven't been that hungover since, well, New Year's Eve.

I hope everyone had a great holiday season, and I'm really looking forward to all the weddings planned this year. The next few months are going to be wild, with weddings in the Dominican Republic, Washington DC, LA, Napa, Colorado, Tahoe, Santa Fe, San Diego and beyond.

Well, time to catch a plane. Hello New York.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

wow-- your new website is really inviting, and the big images are so nice. i love the series of krystal and joshua's engagement pictures, especially the one with the red square on the wall. AHH! nice work.

D-Dub said...

How I love the burning feeling of jealousy whenever I read about your life. Great to see you are doing well. Let's talk soon.