Friday, December 01, 2006

At the beginning of this year, I told myself I wanted to spend as much time as I could in Mexico so I could learn the language. I even dubbed it "The Year of Mexico" in my head. Throughout the last few months, I've gotten to see a lot of the country, including Isla Mujeres earlier this week for the stunning wedding of Stacey and Eric.

In college, I never went on the big Spring Break parties so I had never heard of Isla Mujeres (which is next to Cancun) before Stacey wrote me a few months ago. It's an incredible place to have a wedding. The beaches are beautiful, the water is really warm (I have a hard time with cold water) and the locals are very nice. Stacey and Eric got married on the beach of the Zama Beach Club, with the wonderful Tiffany making sure everything went perfectly.

And it did.

Laura and I now have so many new friends after spending several days with Stacey, Eric and all their amigos. We're counting on our new poet laureate Sam and his wife Pari to come down for our New Year's Eve party, and we're planning lots of trips to Denver to see indie rock shows with our new gang. Stacey and Eric are still getting tan on the beach, while we're battling 13 degree weather here in Santa Fe. But I'm flying into San Francisco later today, and I'm glad to be getting out of the snow. But I can't wait to one day get back to Isla Mujeres.

You can see their slideshow here:
www.benchrisman.com/staceyeric






No comments: